PADI Divemasters are qualified to supervise certified divers and assist dive instructors with classes. Becoming a PADI Divemaster is your first step towards becoming a dive professional. Divemaster experience is a prerequisite for instructor candidate training. Student divers place a significant amount of trust in the dive professionals involved in their training. Accordingly, we select our Divemaster Candidates carefully and final Divemaster status must be earned.
- Must be 18 years of age,
- PADI Advanced Open Water (or equivalent)
- PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent)
- 40 logged dives upon enrollment
- 60 logged dives upon completion of the program
- CPR and Primary Care training within the past 24 months
- Medical evaluation and cleared for diving by a physician within the past 12 months
All standard equipment listed in the PADI General Standards & Procedures, plus the following:
- Time monitoring device;
- Cutting device;
- Surface signalling devices (visual & audible);
- Dive flag, where locally required; and
- Instructions for use of dive computer or RDP/eRDPml.
Course Duration: variable
If you are interested in becoming a PADI Divemaster, and sharing this incredible sport with others, please complete the Divemaster application below: