Divers of all levels can learn to dive safely, gain solid fundamental and foundational skills but most importantly have fun! GUE Fundamentals will enable you to better enjoy the some of the best cold water diving in the world. The GUE Fundamentals course is designed to cultivate the essential skills required by all sound diving practice. Included among its course outcomes are: providing the recreational diver, who does not desire further diver training, with an opportunity to advance his/her basic diving skills; training divers in the theory and practice of Nitrox; providing divers with aspirations for more advanced diver training with the tools that will contribute to a greater likelihood of success; and providing non-GUE trained divers with a gateway into GUE training. The outcome of the GUE Fundamentals program will provide you with the capability and confidence to help you better enjoy diving in the Emerald Ocean!
Applicants for a Fundamentals course must:
- Submit a completed registration form, a medical history, and a liability release to GUE Headquarters.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Hold insurance that will cover diving emergencies such as hyperbaric treatment, e.g. DAN Master-level insurance or equivalent.
- Be a nonsmoker.
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for the use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any prior medical condition that may pose a risk while diving.
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Be a certified GUE Rec 1 diver or be certified as an open water diver from a recognized training agency.
Duration: The Fundamentals course is normally conducted over four days, requires 6 dives and at least 30 hours instruction, encompassing classroom, land drills and in-water work.
To inquire about available dates for this class, please complete the form below: